Here good article on the deliverance model of spiritual warfare and its problems…
Here are some headings from the article to give you an idea of the content…
THE DISTINCTIVES OF THE DELIVERANCE MODEL
THE BELIEVER’S AUTHORITY
CHRISTIANS AND DEMON POSSESSION
BINDING AND COMMANDING SATAN
THE DANGERS OF THE DELIVERANCE MODEL
A DIMINISHED VIEW OF CONVERSION
A MINIMIZING OF SIN AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
A MISDIRECTING OF THE BELIEVER’S FOCUS
A DENIAL OF THE SUFFICIENCY OF SCRIPTURE
(I would probably add that there is also an implicit denial of the sufficiency of Christ’s work on the cross)
Here is another good article regarding spritual warfare…
Some headings from the article…
- Coming to faith in Jesus Christ is to be understood as entering into every spiritual blessings in the heavenly places in Christ
- The church is engaged in a spiritual war, and its enemy is Satan and a host of unseen angelic and celestial enemies whose power vastly exceeds our own.
- Paul’s focus in our text is not on every aspect of Satan’s opposition to God and man, but on his war with the saints.
- In the spiritual war Satan employs a variety of strategies to oppose and to defeat the Christian.
- At the present, Satan’s opposition against the church is not a frontal attack, but a subversive attack through intrigue, deception, and trickery.
- There is a coming, “evil day,” when the spiritual war will intensify, and when the dangers for believers will increase.
- The Christian’s weapons have been divinely provided, in Christ.
- Paul’s instruction to put on the full armor of God is a command.
- Our protection against Satan’s attacks is assured only if and when we take up the full armor of God.
- Our duty is not to attack Satan, or to defeat him, but rather to withstand his attacks.
- Satan’s defeat and our defense is spoken of in terms of the gospel.
- The nature of our weapons tells us a great deal about the nature of the war we are in, and of the methods which Satan will employ in his efforts to destroy us.